Ski Mountaineering Expedition: Volcano Ski Mountaineering (Chile)
places availables from 16 september to 1 october. Imagine a rolling landscape of forest and farmland with tumbling rivers and jewel-bright lakes, on the horizon a string of snowcapped volcanoes rising high above the surrounding countryside.
Imagine skinning up at the base of one of those volcanoes, touring through native forest, ascending the mountain’s snowy flank and reaching its majestic dome, the imposing summits of a handful of other magnificent volcanoes on the skyline.
– Spend more nights in a mountain hut allowing a good journey to be made and early start to complete a long tour.
– This course has less structured training than the Intro Ski Mountaineering Course and is aimed at folk already competent in the basic ski mountaineering skills. Whilst these skills will be revised during ongoing training throughout the course, the emphasis will be on getting some big journeys and great skiing done.
– Have an enjoyable and sociable week meeting up with other like minded ski mountaineers who you may end up skiing with again in the future.
– Some sections of the ascent may require using crampons, the use of an ice axe and being roped up. Skiing includes many sustained 40 degree slopes.
– Emergency rescue facilities in the mountains are very limited and you need to be able to deal with demanding conditions and basic facilities.