Intro Ski Mountaineering Course in the Alps (Mont Blanc)
places availables in january from 13th to 19th. Mont Blanc is a world mecca as a base for ski mountaineering and this 5 day course gives you the opportunity to sample a superb variety of challenging mountain ski journeys.
By making use of Courmayeur famous high altitude lifts, spectacular glacier routes can be completed as day tours from the valley. We also aim to visit some quieter, less well known parts of the Valle d’Aoste or Swiss Rhone Valley, both easily accessible from Courmayeur. This course includes an overnight stay in a mountain hut in order to access a higher summit or col. It is designed for folk with some existing ski touring experience and a good level of fitness, wanting to do some more challenging tours.
– Complete some classic medium to long length ski mountain journeys in the Courmayeur Valley and surrounding area.
– Spend a night in a mountain hut allowing a good journey to be made and early start to complete a long tour.
– This course has less structured training than the Intro Ski Touring Course and is aimed at folk already competent in the basic ski mountaineering skills. Whilst these skills will be revised during ongoing training throughout the course, the emphasis will be on getting some big journeys and great skiing done.
– Provide an excellent spring board, at the start of the classic hut to hut touring season, for other challenging ski mountaineering trips in the spring.
– Have an enjoyable and sociable week meeting up with other like minded ski mountaineers who you may end up skiing with again in the future.